SOA Patterns status update
I want to say I am delighted but I guess relieved is the right word here – I’ve finally submitted all the book chapters to manning and I’m now doing an editing round on all the chapters (re-adding missing images, update pattern references, fixing typos etc.).
The current (and hopefully final) table of contents is as follows:
- Part I – SOA Patterns
- Chapter 1 – Solving SOA pains with patterns – an introduction
- Chapter 2 – Basic structural patterns
- Chapter 3 – Performance, scalability and availability patterns
- Chapter 4 – Security and manageability patterns
- Chapter 5 – Message exchange patterns
- Chapter 6 – Service consumer interaction patterns
- Chapter 7 – Service integration patterns
- part II – SOA in the real world
- Chapter 8 – SOA anti-patterns
- Chapter 9 – Putting it all together – a case study
- Chapter 10 – SOA vs. the world – how SOA fits with other techs: REST, Cloud and Big data
I suppose it would take some more time before the final version of the book will be available (it is getting there…) but I guess this is also a good time to thank the thousands of you who bought this book via early access even though it was far from finished.